It’s Hip To Snip Castration Grant Application
Safe Harbor is thrilled to launch the It’s Hip to Snip Gelding Program! Please read the following bullet points to determine your eligibility and then complete the application if you are eligible.
- Your horse must be halter broke
- Your horse must have two descended testicles. We cannot offer the It’s Hip to Snip program to horses who are monorchid or cryptorchid at this time.
- You must agree to be present at the scheduled time for your horse’s surgery. Surgeries will be scheduled in a block geographically, the participating veterinarian will not have complete flexibility of schedule.
- You must agree to sign a liability waiver that holds Safe Harbor and the participating veterinarian harmless for any complications that may occur before, during, or after surgery, up to and including the death of the horse or injury to individuals present at the time of the surgery.
- Safe Harbor is providing financial assistance, but does not assume any liability associated with veterinary procedures.
- OUR CURRENT GRANT WINDOW IS LIMITED TO DAVIDSON, ROBERTSON, SUMNER, WILSON, SMITH AND TROUSDALE COUNTIES IN TENNESSEE.
Applying for a grant does not guarantee approval. Grant awards are limited, and decisions will be based on the financial need and exigent risks of increase to the unwanted horse population.